Help with daemon tools needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

misskaoru

hi please help with this problem:

i've got a movie with an extension of " " i don't know what it was but i read that i have to download daemon tools to mount it and then can watch it. I downloaded it and it asked to restart, i restarted the pc and then it began installation. After that i checked my computer and all the partitions were gone, i've got about 7 partitions and i only can see the c: where windows is and another one.... I DON'T KNOW WHAT DID I DO SO PLEASE HELLLLLLLP MEEE T__________T

Where are you looking at the partitions? How were your drives partitioned originally and how so now?

All you did was download and install Daemon Tools? Did you mount any images? Do you have a virtual drive activated?

There were c: e: d: g: h: i: and now there's only c: and e:

after the reboot the application started initilization itself and i just clicked next then next i wasn't reading anything thinking it was like any other application so it finished and i checked "My Computer" and i saw c: e:

the reboot was very quick that i can't imagine that all my partitions were deleted cause they are loaded with lots of things.. so i think they're hidden somewhere...

thank you so much

back to some basics; a video has a specific encoding format, typically identified by the extension, eg wmv, avi, mpg
Sometimes a file will be stored (or renamed) without an extension. I've seen MS Word
files name thusly and all that was necessary was to ADD the .DOC extension.

Of course you need to know its true encoding, but even if you get it wrong, the file
will not be damaged -- just pick another extension and dbl-click :)

Google the file name as you know it and see if you can find a duplicate that has an extension.

i know those formats it wasn't one of the common one it was maybe like cue or bin i'm not sure what it was cause it's in one of those missing partition

hum; sounds like snake-oil to me. Unless it's a major priority or of utmost importance,
why not ignore it or just get another copy?

the problem now is that i want the partitions back, i opend Disk managment and i could only see c: and e: and the two of them total of 55gb but my harddisk is about 300gb

Have you removed Daemon Tools?

Do that first. Then run chkdsk /f on all visible partitions.

What do you see in Disk Management where your partitions used to be?

well i've worked it out, here's the solution for people who may go through this:
i just simply reinstalled the windows in the c: partition and the other partitions appeared after then and they're all okay..

thanks for everyone who helped :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back