Help with dll file

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accidentally use avira antivirus to delete a dll file named msxm192z.dll and now every time my windows starts i see the error message:
Error loading C:\Windows\TEMP\msxm192z.dll
The specified module could not be found

I have tried several approach that i google like use windows vista disc to repair windows, use the "run" command to register back the dll file. However it doesnt work so please any professional help me!
Add to Yashi's Reputation

Thanx for reply! But i cant run control panel now! After i suffer from that error i cant go to task manager, control panel and some shortcut is not working. What can i do to fix it? Thank you very much!!

Download RatsCheddar

It contains a program written by Rathat, and it is a Policy Controller.
Save and extract this program to the desktop.
Once extracted, Double click on the RatsCheddar.exe file.
Enable everything, then click Exit
Reboot your Computer.

----------

Note: It really sounds as though you need to run the guide I posted above :rolleyes:
Then create a New Topic in the: Virus & Malware removal forum ;)
As we cannot read the logs in this forum

First of all, really appreciate your help!!

I have follow your instruction about the red cheddar but unfortunately it doesnt change anything :( i still cant run control panel and task manager, and also the sound on the taskbar-not work. When i run the control panel the message is "Application not found" Do u have any other option??

And i'm doing the 8-step u said but i cant install the superantispyware as they said "windows can not find msiexec" :( i guess the msxm192z..dll delete it

Hey i just right click on the control panel that appear on the lower right hand corner at the start menu and i choose "show on destop". The funny thing is that the control panel shortcut being shown does work!! But not the one on the start menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back