Help with driver, please

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbnine

Hello. A couple of days ago I formatted my hard drive and re-installed Windows XP Home. I have an eMachines 5250 but now I dont have any sound. In EVEREST it tells me that I have an Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller and I've been looking for a driver.
I've tried eMachines.com and Intel.com without any luck. Could someone tell me the name of the driver please so I can search for it in Google?. I also get this message in Sounds and Audio Devices, 'Windows cannot play the sound. Your soundcard may be in use' Thank you.

Did your sound work before you reformatted? Of course it must have.When you go to device manager you have that yellow exclamation(!)(@ multimedia audio controller) mark indicating it's not working, right? When you click properties does it say that the driver is not working properly? Have XP install the driver using the "search automatically" choice. It should find what you need online. It's a pretty basic driver.

Thank you for all your help. I finally found the right drivers on the Internet and my sound is fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back