Help with eMachines T3624 Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj Hazard!

Hello, I recently formatted my comp and installed Windows XP Pro, but then I realized I didn't have any of the driver back-up discs. I am hoping someone can help me and provide a list of all the drivers that I need to install. The only driver that I have found and installed is the ethernet drive (Intel Pro100). Here is a list of the specs:

CPU: Intel® Celeron® D 330 Processor
Operating System: Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Home
Chipset: Intel® 845GV chipset
Memory: 256MB DDR 333
Expandable to 2GB
Hard Drive: 60GB 7200rpm, 2MB cache
Optical Drive: CD-RW Optical - 48x Max Write (48 × 24 x 48)
Media Reader: None
Video: Intel® Extreme Graphics 3D
64MB shared video memory
Sound: AC '97 audio
Network: Intel® PRO 10/100Mbps integrated Ethernet
Modem: 56K ITU v.92-ready Fax/Modem
Peripherals: Standard keyboard, 2-button wheel mouse, amplified stereo speakers
Ports/Other: 6 USB 2.0 (2 in front, 4 in back), 1 VGA external connector, 1 serial, 1 parallel, 2 PS/2, 5 audio (2 in front, 3 in back)
Dimensions: 7.25"W x 14.25"H x 16"D

Thanks in advance.

Thanks a bunch. One more thing, after installing all the necessary drivers, they all worked fine except for the audio driver. It states that it is integrated so I don't know where to look for another driver file to download and try. Do you know what I can do about that? Should I direct this question to eMachine tech support? Thanks

Integrated sound means onboard, so there should be a driver available on the Emachines website.

Unless of course, your using a separate sound card, in which case you would need to go to your soundcard manufacturers website for the drivers.

Regards Howard :)

Hmm, I have run into the exact same problem. I have dloaded the driver packages from emachines page but they don't seem to come with the onboard ethernet driver. I have jusr emailed emachines tech support page and am awaiting reply. Does anyone else know what's going on?! My clients are a mortgage brokerage form and are understandably very ANXIOUS. Is there any other help out there?!
Thanks
rexmo
rexmollc.googlepages.com

t3624 ethernet drivers

Well emachines got in touch with me with this link:
LAN Windows Vista Driver Information
//support.gateway.com/support/drivers/getFile.asp?now=1&id=21022

Note: I am running xp pro sp2

When attempting to dload it I had great trouble. I think gateway's ftp server was down. I do not know its status yet. What I did was to google the driver version number and after looking thru dozens of sites I finally found an active link. The bit count was the same as the one emachines recommended so I downloaded and installed it and it worked.

I hope this helps anyone else with these problems. I think it very shoddy that emachines does not have a version of all drivers available for their users. And even refers users to gateway's site for dloads....

All the drivers for the T3624 are available at the eMachines support site, and work well on that model. Be sure to include the Chipset Drivers as well as the Video and SoundMax.

I installed ALL the drivers from emachine site but STILL didn't have the ethernet driver. THEY sent me to gateways site! That ftp server was DOWN. Seriously

Are you running the OEM OS?

If not, then you would have to get those drivers from Realtek or anyone else that did the Hardware for you integrated audio...Emachines should have the specs, but the driver @ the website was made for the OEM XP discs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back