Help with flash disk files

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,
I have an 8 Gb flashDisk, I have stored pick of my son 2 years ago when he was born. I was trying to look at the pic and it's showing me nothing. I go to Properties and it shows me that 4.8 Gb used but when I try to open it all I see is removeable drive and nothing in it. Any idea how to recover it.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Do you know what image format (i.e. BMP, JPG, TIF etc...) the file is? Could you try the flash drive in another port or another computer? For future reference, flash drives are not the most reliable storage devices; you should never rely on them to store the most precious of data.

There are very few photo file formats that XP can;t recognize. In some cases Windows knows it's a photo, but can't generate a thumbnail image. The exception to this might be, if the file were stored in a "raw" image format. One of the limited ways that scenario would exist, is if the photo were taken by a DSLR. You need to check your camera's documentation to determine if the camera maker's software needs to be installed to successfully store and retrieve stored images.

(Edit) I guess if they're Jpeg then this is immaterial. I'm not sure what file recovery software we're currently recommending, but it seems like this might be the only course of action.

Flash drives are treacherous, look at them sideways and they're corrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back