TechSpot

help with flashdrive please!

By omahamommy
Dec 27, 2006
  1. I bought an 8gb flash drive to download my pics from my home computer (my home computer took a dump on me -- i can get it to work in safemode, but that's it). I have MANY MANY pictures of my kids on there that I need to get off of there before we reboot the darn computer. I put them on the flashdrive. At home, they all showed up. I get to work, some are not showing up anymore -- just blank folders showing nothing in them. I had this issue w/ another flashdrive that i had -- the pics were just showing up as the JPEG image & i was unable to open them. I thought I had this figured out, but this new flashdrive is doing the same thing :( any thoughts anyone? what can I do to get all my pics on there w/out any problems?? please help!! thank you!

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Are you running the same version of Windows at work that you have at home?

3. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

What version of Windows do you have at home? Did you use the "safely remove hardware" icon before removing the flash drive?

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

An 8GB flash drive can hold a lot of pictures. I have a 256MB flash drive that holds over 300 pictures. Could you be using Windows 98 or Windows Me?

5. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.