Help with Hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am currently running two 250 gig seagates in raid 0, but I would like to install a 1 tb hard rive as well. I think I have installed it correctly because I can hear it spin, but I can't get my system to recognize the drive. In the bios I have it set up to raid because this is how I installed the comp using intel storage manager. Any help would be appreciated, I just want to back up some the important files that I have striped across my seagates. How do I get my system to recognize the new drive without ruining the raid 0 I have set up?

O and this is Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

If your mobo uses two Sata controllers, use the other and configure the new HD as an IDE drive.

I don't think it does.

My mobo is a ASRock 4core 1600p35 -Wifi+

-currently under my advanced screen---ide configuration
I have it set to [Enhanced] and then in the option "configure Sata II" I have the option set as [Raid]

Any suggestions?

It shows up in the device manager, but I does not show up in my computer! I have no idea how to get it to show up as a regular drive on my computer.

Thanks in advance!

Assuming you have Windows XP:

Right click on 'my computer' => Manage => Disk Management.

Find your drive then right lick and initialize the new drive.

no i have Windows vista 64 bit Ult

Anyway

I figured it out, I guess my Intel storage matrix was treating the single drive as an incomplete raid drive. All I had to do was specify that it was a non raid hard drive through the advanced mode in the program, and I could format the drive! I am backing up everything now, thanks for all the help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back