Help With Hijacked computer! please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have a Vista Machine that has some kind of DNS redirect or hijack virus/malware.

I have the typical redirect to ad pages during google search
I can not run AVG virus scan.
I can not run Malwarebytes
Avant finds nothing
It will delete known Antivirus Downloads if i don't rename the file

--

Try resetting the router:
DNS Changer
You will need to reset your router.
Start> Run> type cmd> enter> at the C prompt type ipconfig /flushdns (note space before the /)

Exit the Command prompt when finished and shut the system down.-

• [1]. Shut down your computer, and any other computer connected to your router.
    [2]. On the back of the router, there should be a small hole or button labelled RESET. Using a bent paper clip or similar item, hold that in continuously for twenty seconds.
    [3]. Unplug the router. Wait sixty seconds.
    [4].Now holding again the reset button, plug it back in. Continue holding the reset button for twenty seconds. Unplug the router again.
    [5].With the router unplugged, start your computer.
    [6].Connect to the router again. The turn the router back on.
    [7].When it stabilizes, reboot your workstation and try to access the internet. If you have any issues, access the Router configuration page and re-enter your authentication information.
    [8]. Reboot the system and test the internet. You may have to reconfigure the router settings based on your setup.
NOTE: this is not malware help. You are still going to need to run the programs. Is there any particular reason you are thinking 'DNS' rather than just a 'redirect'? You are giving mixed symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back