Help!!! with installing multimedia audio controller

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok about 5 months ago i accidently uninstalled multimedia audio controller and now when i go to reinstall it. it brings up

Found new hardrive, and then is says multimedia audio controller.

i go to install it automatically and when i click on that it just stops the process saying need CD-ROM

i cant find the CD-ROM it came with.

is there a location were i can download the software from online? or am i not installing it correctly.

it also says This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

If you have onboard sound, you can get the audio drivers from your mobo manufacturers website.

If your computer is an oem build such as Dell/Gateway/Hp etc, you can get the drivers from your computer manufacturers website.

If you have a separate sound card, you should go to your soundcard manufacturers website.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I really need help with my multimedia audio controller

[CENTER]someone please help me[/CENTER]

thanks sam but

i am having problem with my multimedia audio controller. this means i don't hear sound from my dell labtop computer. this happened immediately after installing ms windows xp professional with service pack 2. please use this e-mail address- bfarmeric

thanks

Farmer Augustine

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

farmeric said:
thanks sam but

i am having problem with my multimedia audio controller. this means i don't hear sound from my dell labtop computer. this happened immediately after installing ms windows xp professional with service pack 2. please use this e-mail address- bfarmeric

thanks

Farmer Augustine

Go to the Dell website and download and install the latest drivers for your laptop.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back