Help with Lan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All I need your help please. I have an Asus P4SGX-MX - ASUS motherboard with on board networking. Since i have reformatted Windows Xp Pro with
SP 2 windows has not been able to find the onboard network card in the device manager. I did not receive any drivers on the motherboard disc for the LAN so therefore assume that windows had the driver for it. If the LAN is now not found at all in the device manager does this mean that my OB networking is ruined requiring me to buy a PCI card. Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

Go to www.asus.com, then click on support, then go to the search box and type in P4SGX-MX which will take you to the following: Download P4SGX-MX related files for download. Click there and you can scroll through the downloads available for that ASUS motherboard and download what you wish. Compare your motherboard date with the download dates, and download anything newer than your build.

Thx raybay for your quick response. I went to the web site as suggested but the only driver I could find was for a pci LAN not on board. I don't believe that a driver will help to fix the problem as windows does not recognize the LAN through the device manager. I cant install drivers for hardware that is not there. I hope this clarifies my problem a little clearer. Thanks again for your help anyway.

you're on the right track. the drivers should be on the vendor's site.
have you tried searching drivers (on that site) using the pc model number?
sometimes they're located in less than obvious locations (eg support->downloads)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back