Help with Latitude D800 Password

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I have a Dell Latitude D800 from a friend who bought it to someone. When you turn it on I am getting the gray screen of death. I tried removing the CMOS battery for a few hours with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If there is any question please ask.

Service Tag: GSSWP31
Express Service Code: 36570125053
When the gray screen comes up it tells me: #GSSWP31-595B

Thank You

You should first contact Dell Tech support to register yourself as the owner of the machine, using that service tag number.
It may be that the computer is a refurbished unit sold by another retailer who is not Dell. Dell Tech support will tell you what can be done, and what cannot be accomplished.
It is the best place to start. If the computer has not been reported stolen, and is a valid system, I am sure you will get some help... that will likely be less risky than trying to access the EEPROM on the motherboard, or the firmware that controls the password.
From that contact, you can decide whether you need to come back here. There are some very good people on this forum that can help with most Dell passwords, but not all of them... It varies by model number.

You will have to fully verify ownership of the system including name, company, and all contact information prior to their being able to help you.

Dell's process cannot be done via email or chat, and only by phone.

You might also search this forum for user name DellCA, which are a number of Dell Consumer Advocates who will give you the straight poop from the standpoint of Dell... and are sometimes quite helpful in resolving such issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back