Help with mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a fried mobo, I don't know the brand or model, so it poses a problem replacing it... Here's some specs... It is running a 1.4 ghz T-Bird and has 2 DDR and 2 SDRAM slots, etc, etc. I have 3 pictures of this mobo... If anyone can identify the mobo, or find any other mobo that will replace it (and fit in the case) PLEASE help me out.... The link below contains 3 pictures of the mobo.

http://kgb.emuunlim.com/misc/mobo.html

The only mobo I can think of off hand that had 2 DDR (pc2100) and two sdram slots is the ecs k75SA. the board is still available on the net.

as far as replacing it you shuld be able to find a good deal on a via KT266 or a KT333 mobo both will work fine with your 1.4 GHZ Tbird. of course neither will work with sdram so if you arent allready using DDR and you dont want to upgrade to faster memory then you should look around for another ECS K75SA.

By the way your motherboard looks, your fried board may be one from PC Chips (www.pcchips.com).

I've seen lot's of em and lot's of em with problems. The chipset's heatsink reveals your mobo from being from that company.

Originally posted by dani_17
By the way your motherboard looks, your fried board may be one from PC Chips (www.pcchips.com).

Well agreed, it is really a PCChips Motherboard. By the way, have a look out gor numbers printed in white or other colours, they maybe the model no for you motherboard.

I also have a K7S5A, yours is the same as mine. So your motherboard is an

ECS K7S5A

i wouldnt get the same mobo get a nforce2 or kt400 mutch better for upgading your pc and will take a t-bird without probs will take your memory too. i recommend the asus A7N8X great mobo :D

arris is right dont go for the same board. the first K7s5A boards had good reviews but later revisions were reprted to have problems.

iss I disagree strongly. I would like to see reports of this.

I myself own 2 ECS K7S5A Pro motherboards, the final revision, have purchased four in total (built two systems for friends) and have helped several other friends build systems with this board. It was mostly attractive due to the extremely low cost (only $35 brand new now) and functionality (supports up to 2600+, USB 2.0, UDMA100, AGP 4x, et cetera) it offered compared to other boards of similair prices.

I have never had a problem with these boards even under fairly torturous conditions. They work well and have been very stable for me.

For raw performance, they aren't exactly cream of the crop - But for the price you cannot go wrong. I'm currently using an AXP 2000+ in one, and I simply adore it.

here is a quote from the hardware guys site.

Previously we recommended the Sis735-based Elitegroup Computer Systems (ECS) K7S5A as a stable, well-built, high-performance motherboard, albeit one that was relatively feature-poor. Experience with early production models of this board was uniformly good, but we began receiving reports of problems with later production models. We're not sure what happened. Given the commoditization of motherboards over the last few months, it's quite possible that ECS cost-reduced that board to the point of unreliability. Certainly, the very low price of the board recently makes that a reasonable suspicion. At any rate, we can no longer recommend that board.

I have found Hardwareguys.com to be one of the better no B.S. sites. also I visit several tech boards and I see alot of HELP postings about computers freezing up or acting strange and a large percentage of those folks having problems are using K75SA boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back