Help with my video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryiam

I am trying to learn video cards better so i don't have to ask stupid questions or questions in general and can better help people. Ok anyhow i have a x1300(see specs) and when i load web pages and my iTunes visualizer my CPU uages goes to 100%. Ive tried O'clocking the video card and don't see any change. Same goes for HD Movies. I thought that the video card was supposed to lower CPU usage when rendering graphics? I know i have a slow computer but would that be the problem? I am going to upgrade one day to a better computer athlon x2 4200+ and if i did could i still use this graphics card and see any improvements? I know these are stupid questions but i'm am learning. Thank you for reading this and your time!

The X1300 is kind of an old card as well and does not have good HD video decoding like cards like ATI's HD2000 and HD3000 series or Nvidia's 8 series cards. And then there's the DDR ram in the system that's always a bottleneck for video. I still have problems with HD on my PVR system which is a pentium 4 build. And also, the itunes visualizer is a monster and uses a TON of CPU usage. Even on my system. :haha: When you do get your new system, your X1300 will be such a bottleneck that it might even be better to just use the onboard graphics if you have them, as they are even faster than an X1300 today, usually. lol Sorry for the long post.

Wow man thanks a ton!! I really needed that info because i have been wondering for quite sometime. So now what would be a good card for playing HD and iTunes visualization decent? I don't game so getting a gaming card would be pointless so yea........if you could find something less than 100$ that would be great. :) Thanks Obi for your time and post with info to help! :D

Well after number crunching and a lot of thinking(ouch headache) i can see i can only afford up to about 40$ for a video card. So is there any card around 40$ or possibly 45$ that would run HD Decent? Something like THIS Or this MSI And Here is more info on the MSI card. Would them b ok??

Well, this Biostar 8500GT is good. (I have a PNY 8500GT) it has a good built in DVD and HD Decoder. It's low power, good for low profile computers and it's quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back