Help with new setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamie.benstead

I posted on here before about putting together a new computer for a freind and it not working. Well after getting a new mobo I found out it was the CPU that was broke, so yeah got a new one works fine. Now the problem is when I turn it on says windows cannot load maybe due to new hardware (didn't change the harddrive). If I click continue to load it starts to load and restarts. And if I put windows install disk in it loads all install files and then when it says Installer is starting windows computer just freezes. Does anyone know anything? Thanks

Welcome back to techspot :wave:

no for ur problem di u try formating ur hdd before re-installing, also are u getting any error message or BSOD when u are installing,

and before formatting just try out memtest it is available in the following website

www.memtest86.com

between if u dont have a floppy drive download the ISO version and burn it in a cd and run the test

If you replaced the motherboard on a working system, chances are you need to reinstall Windows, unless the new motherboard is very similar to the original.

Yeah its a totally different mobo. I know I will have to reinstall windows but when I try to it will load the files of the cd and when it gets the to part where it says Installer is loading windows, it will freeze. So what can I do?
How do I re format a harddrive without going through windows?

Are you booting from the Windows install CD to do the re-installation? If so, your hard disk shouldn't be the reason you're freezing. What mobo and processor are you building on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back