Help with Radeon 9600 display issue plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I am getting some strange glitches with my new Radeon 9600 video card.

In WindowsXP (Pro), it works fine. But whenever I go into a game, I get this bizzare pattern of tiny brownish-yellow squares checkered here and there on my screen. This happens both in the in-game menus and in the actual game itself (so both 2D and 3D). Whenever it does this in 3D mode, the brownish-yellow dots are drawn along the 3D architecture and models, as if the checkered squares are some kind of textural glitch. I am experiencing this in both Call of Duty and Knights of the Old Republic (only two games on my new PC at the moment). I have the latest Catalyst drivers (3.10).

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this, and what I might do to fix it? Thanks in advance for the help!

My specs:
-------------------
Intel P4 2.66GHz
SOYO P45 DragonUltra Light! motherboard
512 megs of Kingston PC2100 DDR RAM
Maxtor 80.0Gb DiamondMax Hard Drive
Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600 Atlantis (256mb)
Creative SoundblasterLive!
WindowsXP Pro

Try reverting back to the drivers that came with the card, What is your agp speed and aperture size set at ?

Have you installed the latest patches (if Any) for the games?

Not sure exactly what my AGP speed is set at (computer is at home, I'm currently at work), but I do know that I went into my Display Settings, clicked the Advanced Tab, went into the ATI 3D Tab, and set the performance bar one step towards "Quality" (as opposed to "Performance") from the center. I believe, though I don't know for sure, that its set at 4x. I hope I described that well enough to be coherent, since I don't have my puter in front of me. I do know, for sure, that I set my AGP aperture to 256mb in my BIOS.

And yes I have latest patches for both games. I don't think this is a game issue, though I could very well be dead wrong. I suspect it has to do with my card and/or WindowsXP.

Anyone?....Anyone?...Bueler?....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back