Help with random restarts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a computer that is randomly restarting on it's own. It doesn't happen a lot but it is annoying. I've replaced the memory on the machine and run a chkdisk and that came back fine. Here is what I'm getting in the details along with my minidumps. If anyone can help me with this it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

BCCode: 1000000a BCP1: 00000060 BCP2: 0000001C BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 804F8ABC OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP: 3_0 Product: 256_1

This was part of the Error Report Contents: Temp\WERc950.dir00\sysdata.xml

It's an XP machine SP3 with 2gb ram.

Attachments

• Mini031110-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
  • Mini021610-02.dmp
  • Mini021610-01.dmp
Your issue is with the driver SysPlant.sys which belongs to your Symantec CMC Firewall. See if updating helps resolve this issue.

@Route: Hi,
Somehow in many of the cases some Symantec software turns out to be the cause of instability; although I never liked symantec in the first place, I am starting to wonder if they are any more relevant at all or can they make anything useful any more.

@Archean - I hear what you are saying. From what I have read it isn't so much their detection rate that is in question as compared to say McAfee; the issue is the stability of the software and constant driver issues. It used to be the resource requirements were terrible and they say they have gotten better but there are still better solutions as I am sure you are well aware.

@bigjim44095 - If you decide you want a better solution we can easily show you better security solutions.

Fully understand. Let us know if it is resolved. I will say Symantec's business security softwware is much, much better than their home consumer product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back