Help with Removing a program

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazykid99

hey, it's me again, crazykid99. I made the wrong choice in downloading from warez. Used adaware se pro 1.05, spybot, spysweeper 2.6, spyware doctor, microsoft antispyware to clean everything up. used trend micro housecall to try and delete 166 viruses. cleaned about half of them (can not acces folders). i did all he cleaning. i went to phazedll to download kaspersky personal security suite 1.0 and the download thing was working nicely, but when it came to installing it, it said it didn't work becuz i had already installed kaspersky antivirus personal pro (i think version 4.0) on my computer, came from one of my p2p file sharing programs. i tried to remove it from my add/remove programs in control panel. Here was the message I got:

Unhandled Exception
Error Number: 0x80004005
Description: Unspecified error

Setup will now terminate.

tried doing it in safe mode, still didn't work. Somebody pelase help me. I want to in stall the security suit very badly. Please!!!

Go BUY some software for a change!
You deserve what you got.
The best advise I can give you, is to re-install from scratch, using STRICTLY legitimate software only.
Don't come here with your 'warez' problems!

Exactly, first of all most of them contain virii and extra crap that only gets you in trouble. If you want something it would be best to buy it and install it, that way you know it is a good copy.

You get what you pay for...
This is why companies produce trial software. Any good program you want to try is available this way. Some come with certain features disabled but give the potential customer a good idea of whether they can justify the price or search for a competitive product.
After that it's just a matter of finding the best deal out there for your money and the web produces infinite sources on great deals.

Let's just say my time is worth $25.00 per hour and a program costs $100.00 bucks. That's 4 hrs. of my time. No problem.

Now let's say the guy next door is also worth the same. He decides he wants something for nothing and scarfs something off the web. Next day he can't boot, fixes that then he can't get online so he fixes that, then he starts gettin hang-ups, runs all his AV spybots etc. and fixes that, then he starts gettin blue screens, can't run anything etc. etc. etc.

2 days later he is still havin probs after re-installing, DLoading updates, again etc. etc.

How much did i spend ? $100.00 bucks

How much did HIS cost @ 25.00 bucks an hour ? ?

patio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back