TechSpot

HELP! with Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 Platinum -- Labelling Problem

By Merc
Sep 22, 2003
  1. I am having a problem with the cd labelling aspect of ROXIO Easy Cd Creator 5 Platinum -- when I want to open up the cd label creator it keeps telling me that "This program has performed an illegal operation and will now shut down". But I can do all the other projects just fine (make a cd, copy a cd, etc) it's just the cd label one that reacts this way.

I am on WIN98 and this program has been working fine up til now. How can i fix this?

Thanks in advance!!
    Merc

2. Rick

Rick TechSpot Staff Posts: 4,573   +65

The quickest solution may be to uninstall the program ( Start / Settings / Control panel / Add Remove ) and then reinstall the program using your Roxio setup CD.

3. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

I always found the best solution was to uninstall roxio and never reinstall it.

4. Merc

Merc TS Rookie Topic Starter

Unfortunately, I've moved and I can't seem to find the cd to re-install. Is there anything else I could do?

5. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,549

Download the latest patch to update your software.

6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,172

Maybe give some thought to another program, I have heard nothing but bad news about Roxio, and personally have never used it. If you want to get another burning application I would suggest Nero.

7. Nic

Nic TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,549

Roxio 6 is very good, and better than Nero IMHO. The packet writing software is the best by far, and Nero's InCD is not very good (features wise), though it does the job. Roxio 5 is also good, provided you have it patched with the latest fixes. I use both Nero and Roxio, and generally I prefer Roxio.

8. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,994

I used roxio for years, until I finally tried Nero. I do think Roxios's packet writing solution is better than Nero's but then anyones packet writing solution is better than InCD 4 they still havent gotten that to work right.

I am using Nero6 burning rom but InCD 3 lol

9. Merc

Merc TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I'll try uploading the newest patch first. :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.