Help with rts.dll file.....what is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to the forum and hoping one of you can help me with a problem. My husband received "Pacific Fighters" and we have installed it....system requirements are good. However, when he wants to start to play, we get the initial message...."Application failed to start because rts.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application my fix this problem". Well, we did try to reinstall the game and we keep getting the same message. What is this rts.dll file and where can I get it. I would assume it would normally be in the operating system. If so, I am not sure how I lost it. OK guys, give me some help!
Thanks
Ginger

Thanks for the reply....
Yes, I had seen that but I did not quite understand the following:
"Replace the original RTS.DLL file with the one from the File Archive"
Where do I find the "file archive". To an experienced IT person, this probably was understandable, but not to me.
Got any thoughts on this?
ginger

On that webpage, you will find a little blue square looking like a floppy disk. Next to it are the words File Archive.
Clicking on that blue square, you are lead to a following page from where you can download the file rld-pacf.rar from Mirror 1/2/3/4/5. Click on a Mirror that has Online in green next to it. That frings you to a File-mirror-page. Again, pick one that has Online next to it.
Finally it gets you that file. Tell the downloader to save it to your desktop.
You will need Winrar or another Zip/Unzip program that can read the compressed RAR files. Once de-compressed, copy the file RTS.DLL into where your game is installed and REPLACE the one that is there already.

Well, I can tell I have an expert on my hands! I am grateful to you for the explanation. I will try this and will let you know if I am successful. Many thanks for the information.
ginger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back