TechSpot

help with RUNDLL

By shop828
Apr 24, 2007
  1. Everytime I turn on my computer I get the message that sstsmon.dll cannot be found, then I get the message that no anti virus and no firewall are connected. I removed the E anthology(?) from my computer and started getting this. Could someone please help me to correct this problem, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
    Tammy

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

It sounds to me like your computer is infected with malware as the sstsmon.dll file is known to be nasty.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of shop828 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

3. shop828

shop828 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi Howard, ok I feel a little ignorant here, I saved my log to My Documents and I can't transfer it as an attachment to the thread.

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

If following the instructions in the link I gave you doesn`t help, you can copy and paste the HJT log and I`ll remove it once I`ve finished with it.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of shop828 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.