Help With Sata Hd

Status
Not open for further replies.
heyw as sup i have a 250GB WD SATA HD and i want to format it. but everytime i get to the part where i have to mess with the partition it tells me that i does not see the HD. i check in the BIOS and on the master and second things its not there but my CD drives. when i look in the boot sequnce for the HD its there. i really dint understand y i can format it.

You may not see it on the main page in the bios as some mobo's group the sata drives on a separate page in the bios setup.

You're trying to format the drive, what OS are you using?

The Primary and Secondary Master/Slave are only the IDE drives. Somewhere on the Motherboard is a jumper to enable SATA, or it may be in the BIOS, my MB has a jumper. You will also need to install SATA drivers in windows. If you intend to boot of the SATA drive you will need to reinstall windows and use the F6 button to install the drivers.

well im using wondows xp pro

well on the master and 2nd i have my cd drives there. but when i go to the hard drive boot sequence it shows the hard drive. so i dont really understand y it does not show up when i try top format it.

I am having the same problem. I have an 80 gb Western Digital SATA drive. BIOS sees it in the system I'm building. I can put it in my current rig and it works just fine. But when I try to install windows XP on it in the new computer, when it comes time to format the partitions, it hangs and says it's unable. Please help. My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-M61PM-S2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back