Help with SATA HDD setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

spkenny

Quite a simple problem with those more familiar with sata hard drives. I do general maintenance/cleanup on machines, but not much experience (almost none come to think of it) with sata hdds. So a friend of mine needs his Dell dimension wiped and reloaded. Winxp home installation, easy enough. However I don't know where to get the 3rd party drivers for the installation. Another question off of that one, are the drivers needed for the sata setup needed for the motherboard itself? I confess to my noobishness, so please forgive me.

Go to HERE and select your Computer Dell - Dimension - Model?
Once you have brought up your computer model, click on Sata Drivers and dowqnload them (there may be some setup info as well)
If there are more than 1 Sata driver to download, you will need to remove the Hard Drive and confirm the manufacturer on the label.

The drivers are for the Windows Operating system, to see the HardDrive. The computer itself should already see it (and normally Windows will not need them on Setup)

By the way, seeming that you are going on the drivers page, you may want to download all of them, as you will need them all (except bios I hope) when Windows completes the Setup.

You clean computers you say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back