TechSpot

Help with SATA problems please

By pks1414
Mar 11, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello folks, just added another SATA HD to machine (Maxtor 220g). Already had a Seagate SATA drive and I now want to make this new drive the primary one with XP on and have the seagate as the backup etc. Well I have got it formatted and it recognises it as the 'F' drive. So to make this work I went into the BIOS and changed the boot order so that the Maxtor gets recognised first. Put my XP CD in and I get nowhere, it asks if I need to press F6 (I thought I wouldn't as all I did was swap the cables around (Seagate to Sat1, Maxtor to Sat0). Anyway Ithen get to the point where the installation says something about not recognising a drive then I get a total crap out with a @page file not found etc etc.

What am I doing wrong here, any help would be really appreciated. Motherboard is an Intel d875PBZ if that helps as well
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.