help with sata raid please anyone?

By vozzle
Apr 26, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :(

i have bought a custom built pc. this is my first time with a pc where i need to start from scartch. it took me forever to figure out why windows would stop at setup saying my hard disc drives werent detected - i need the drivers. i have been looking everywhere trying to find the one for my mobo, but i cant.

specs:

asus m2n mobo
    amd x2 5600+
    4gb ram
    asus radeon x6500pro 256MB
    250 GB SATA HDD UDMA 300 7200 8MB
    250 GB SATA HDD UDMA 300 7200 8MB

^ yup got 2 hard drives in hopes of figuring out how to raid0 , as told on a different forum. so i need help with the drivers, if any1 could tell me what files i need to put onto a cd/floppy.

also can i pull this off if my new pc has 1 dvd rom, with no floppy drives?
    i could try to put in the floppy from my old pc, but just wondering if its possible.
    i have spent over 2 frustraing days with this issue, im really on the edge atm, hopefully someone will help out

thank you in advance.
    :)
  2. kwspony

kwspony TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 159

I think the only way to use a DVD drive is to slipstream the OS on a DVD with the drivers. I haven't done it myself. When I built my first PC I installed a floppy and I am thankful I did just for this reason.
  3. CCT

CCT Newcomer, in training Posts: 3,556

4. vozzle

vozzle Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

so i cant use xp, because thats the operating system i have. aalso how could i slipstream, do i just put the drivers together on the same cd as the OS, and it would work. i dont know where to get drivers for xp one :(
  5. CCT

6. vozzle

vozzle Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

okay, so do i add the whole nvidia install to the cd, or do i need to break it up somehow?

i dont know which files to add, this is so conusing, i cant find any good help anywhere
  7. CCT

8. TC Machine

TC Machine Newcomer, in training Posts: 36

Are you sure you need drivers for the Hard Drives? What I found when I had a brand-new HD was there was no partition. Super Fdisk creates a bootable disk so you can create the partitions, but you will have to install on another computer. Don't know if that helps...
  9. raybay

raybay TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 10,716   +6

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.