Help with some BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardesco

Hi folks. I've had a number of BSOD's since building my desktop computer. I have a zipped folder of the last two months of BSOD minidumps. I suspect that at least one of the problems is due to my motherboard's onboard sound, at least from reading other people's problems with the M2N-SLI deluxe. However, I still have no idea what the other errors could be coming from--if someone could help me out here, I'd really appreciate it.

I ran memtest86+ about a year ago, and my system's memory seemed to be fine--not sure if that's still the case or not.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Windsor 2.0GHz Socket AM2
Motherboard: ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI
RAM: OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (640 MB)
Disk Drives: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA,
Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFD 74GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150
PSU: Antec SmartPower 2.0 SP-500 ATX12V 500W

The zipped up minidumps were over the file attachment limit size, so here's a tinyURL link to a zip file of all my dumps:
EDIT: now all in one zip folder!
http://tinyurl.com/229nmb

You have minidump folders within a folder - a whole lot of them! It would be much, much easier if you would attach a Zip file with just the files themselves. We don't need the minidump folder. 5 per Zip file would be best.

What makes you think it's sound related? Mini Dumps have never meant much to me except the machine's messed up. I have always approached these issues by carefully checking all hardware. When I am convinced that it's not hardware related, I reinstall the program. Looking back, most of the issues were some breakdown in the hard drive: ....or what's in it.

But minidump readings have helped a lot of people here and they quite often (not always; nothing is 100%) pinpoint exactly the culprit involved.

So if it saves a whole lot of time and money then it is the route to go.

Sorry about that. I re-uploaded a new file that just has all the minidumps in one zip. As you notice, there's a lot of minidumps--that's because my PC crashes on such a regular basis that I'm able to collect all these dumps in the first place.

Here's the URL:
http://tinyurl.com/229nmb

I didn't go through all of your minidumps but I did do most. Man you had a lot!

Anyway, you are getting all kinds of readouts but a very consistent one in numbers is 0x7F which points to faulty RAM or wrong memory configuration. Memory corruption can give all kinds of BSODs.

Thus my strongest recommendation is to run MemTest for a minimum of 7 passes. I suggest starting it at least an hour before you go to bed and let it run all night.

If you have any errors you've got RAM that needs to be replaced. Keep in mind, as good as MemTest is, it isn't perfect meaning it may not read any errors when in actuality there is faulty RAM present. It has happened to me once.

Let us know what you find.

Ran memtest for 13 hours, and it went through more than 17 passes.

Zero memory errors were reported. Any other ideas that people have as to what I should look into to fix all these BSODs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back