Help with startup beeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi this is my first post and i desperately need help.
I have a pc running windows xp but I dont know much about things pc.
I have read the section on beeps but could not understand it.
When i play games (spore,transport giant ect) my pc keeps beeping,sometimes intermittent beeps and sometimes continuous beeps.Please i need simple levels of help to try and solve this.Thanks.
I can send my dxdiag if required.

Do you have a UPS to which the system is plugged? It happens to me when the UPS cannot deliver sufficient power to run demanding games.

very simple to read the guide. Find your motherboard (look through the whole post).
Count the # of beeps. Match it with the error on the table. That will ID your problem.

Thanks that cured my beeps.
But now when i boot up i have 2 problems.
1.A screen shows that i have a Foxconn mother board,can I get rid of this screen?
2 The next screen shows an IDE checkup and it says IDE 1,2,3,4 Not Detected.Please can someone help with this,(in simple steps please).

you are referring to what is called a motherboard splash screen. You should be able to turn this off in bios.

you have disabled your IDE channels or have your ide cables on wrong or disconnected. check them. Also check to see if the master / slave settings are correct.

you are referring to what is called a motherboard splash screen. You should be able to turn this off in bios.

you have disabled your IDE channels or have your ide cables on wrong or disconnected. check them. Also check to see if the master / slave settings are correct.

I do not know how to do these things so please can you tell me how in simple steps?(I am not very technical) My cables are ok.Thanks.

Help

I cleared the splash screen,but I cant find where in bios to reset my IDE,can someone help please,getting desperate now.thanks.

first check the back ends of the IDE hard drives. both drives should be on the secondary IDE channel. Your DVD will be on channel 1. The hard drive on the end - it's dip switches should be set for MASTER. The one in the middle of the cable should be set for SLAVE. In bios, it should be det for autodetect on channel 2. If your bios requires to manually configure, you will need to break out the specs for your particular drives. (this normally isn't the case, autodetect should find it, but it's not unheard of to set manually.)

Hi,what is happening is that when i boot up a screen swhows auto defect for ide stating not found but my pc is working ok,so i may just need to get rid of that screen somehow,but i cant find anything to disable,also later on when booting up i get a screen offering me a coice of xp home(twice)when only one copy of xp is installed can this screen be disabled as well?thanks.

you have a corrupt installation. You need to REFORMAT the whole drive, delete ALL partitions and install the os only once.

I re formatted my drive just over a week ago hence my request for help with problems,is formatting the only option? thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back