Help with surround sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charge

Hello everyone,

I am trying to set up my surround system from my computer, and so far am having little luck.

It used to run off a set of three 1/8in cables, but I figured that optical is the way to go. Now, the system works this way - I have a Realtek AC97 ALC850 on-board sound "card" hooked up via an optical cable into my amp (Quest QSR5000 which fully supports a 5.1 system). The amp recognizes the availability of the 5 channels. All looks good, but once I do the testing (the sound "card" driver software provides me with individual channel testing) I only get the two front speakers.

So the software sets up for 5 speakers (sub isnt working right now), and the amplifier receives the signal that 5 speakers are possible. Running the sound test on the amp, I made sure that all the speakers are working properly.
And yet I actually get only stereo output.

So, does anyone know what did I do wrong?

And thanks!

You need to make sure your audio management software is set to 5.1 and spdif for it to work correctly!!!!

Done and done. Still nothing.
...well, what audio management software? I'm using both the Realtek software and Windows sound settings...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back