Help with Tablet

learninmypc

IMG_7944.JPG IMG_7945.JPG
A friend gave me this tablet last night with ONE power cord that plugs into the KB.
How do I turn it on? I've tried the 3 buttons on it but nothing. When KB is plugged in, a red light shows beneath the blue tooth icon.

According to the AC adapter that plugs into the kb, its a Dell Windows 8 tablet. I can't get the tablet out of its case to see any more possible specs on the back .
I've turned it on at the KB but the screen don't light up. ???

Last edited:
My Dell Tablet has the power button on the edge,
In landscape orientation, it is at either the upper right, or lower left
depending on whether the tablet is "right-side" up or not.
HTH
OH... and I have to hold it for at least a couple of seconds.

Ok, I'm guessing then that I'll need a power cord to recharge the battery in it so it'll go on, thank you :)

You found the power button?
On mine, the charging port is a micro-usb slot on the same edge.
I have a standard usb on the opposite edge from the charging port,
and the volume control on the opposite edge from the power button.
I think different models arranged them differently though.
The same charger that charges the keyboard may charge the tablet ...
not sure... don't have the kb for mine.

Ok, if the tablet & iPad are similiar, I'm guessing the power ON button is on the left side, if not, then I'd say its on top next to the volume button. The power input thing looks like a mini usb whereas the KB one is a totally different shape.
I'm still waiting for a reply from the friend that gave it to me.

From your description, I am guessing that yours is a Venue 8.
It does have a different layout of ports and buttons than mine.

By the way... I think mine runs "hot",
and I would not like a carrying case like this, especially if I could not remove it.
I use a logitech wireless kb and mouse and usually use an acrylic stand with mine.
I do like the idea of a case, but have not had much cause for concern.
The "glass" on mine seems pretty resistant to scratching.

Don't know what to say... they all work for me.
Here are the urls, in order...
Venue 11 compared : http://www.dell.com/us/p/dell-venue-11i-pro/pd
Dell Manual DL page: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Products/?app=manuals
The Acrylic stand I use: http://www.containerstore.com/s/off...s/tablet-ereader-stand/12d?productId=10033951
so you can copy and paste to your browser, even if you cannot click.
No Idea why the links don't work for you tho. Sorry.
As for removing it from the case...
It seems to me there should be a way.
After all... It was put INTO the case at some point, right?
What did they do, shrink it to fit, like the old Levi's Jeans? :)

Looking at the first picture I'd say it may pull out in the direction of the keyboard. Is that a tab at the bottom of the screen that you can pull and release the tablet or is it just a loop for storing the missing stylus? There's only four sides so it should slide out of one of them. It makes iPads look great.

Somehow my post here got deleted. My original post said I could find no "velcro" type way to get it out & that tab is for the missing stylus so I had to cut the top left & right corners to free it.
After posting that, I tried to edit it to say I found the "velcro" tab very well hidden at the bottom by the stylus . Stupid dell :mad: IMO.

It was likely mentioned in the original instructions and designed like that to make everything look tidy. Try asking the donor if he has the charger for the tablet. It'd be a shame to buy one and find that the tablet doesn't work.

Last edited:
Happy to say I got an email from him & he says he believes he has the cord. I told him I'm bringing it with me when I go see him in a couple days. Charge it on the spot :) :) Will post back to confirm or ??? :)

Back