Help with The Sims 2 and DirectX compatible graphics adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the game, and it says something about DirectX 9.0 compatible graphics adapter. I've worked with Control Panel, technical support, etc.

Please, if anyone knows how...

Please, if anyone knows about my problem, reply to this thread. I've had this game for so long now and unfortunately, never have been able to play it. :(

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go to the games manufacturers website, and checkout the games system requirements.

It may well be that you need a graphics card upgrade, in order to play the game.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

I want to play my game!!!

I installed the Sims 2 game a while ago and it worked just fine. Then I had a problem with my computer and I got it fixed (they reinstalled Windows and erased every program). Since then, the game hasn't worked. The same annoying message appears every time, regarding my graphics card and directx9.oc drivers...
My graphics card is Sis 650_651_M650_740 and supposedly, I have 224 MB of memory. Is it possible that I had some files (like codec files) that emulated 256 MB of memory and made my card work for the game??

gabbydef said:
I installed the Sims 2 game a while ago and it worked just fine. Then I had a problem with my computer and I got it fixed (they reinstalled Windows and erased every program). Since then, the game hasn't worked. The same annoying message appears every time, regarding my graphics card and directx9.oc drivers...
My graphics card is Sis 650_651_M650_740 and supposedly, I have 224 MB of memory. Is it possible that I had some files (like codec files) that emulated 256 MB of memory and made my card work for the game??
That SIS 650 is not actually a graphics card as such it's the integrated graphics built into your motherboard. I also used that exact graphics accelerator but even when working at optimum performance it's exceedingly underpowered for the Sims 2 not to mention not supported. The problem with directx9.0c may require you to install the latest drivers for your video card from the SIS site or maybe you just haven’t installed Directx which is on the Sims cd is it not? Your graphics card sucks up your main system RAM to work (you actually have 256mb RAM) you may be able to increase this from the 32mb it is currently taking to 64mb to improve games performance at the expense of general performance in your BIOS. That graphics accelerator always gave me hell with games so I’d recommend an upgrade if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back