Help with The Sims 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pls! i need help.. i know nuts when it comes to computing.. I just got the The Sims 2 after waiting for a super duper long time and i really want to play it. But after installing it, my lappy popped this msg when i open the sims to play.

[CENTER]"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system. Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer."[/CENTER]

My laptop was bought in 2001 and it's using Windows XP. When i checked out the display, the adapter it shows to be using is S3 Graphics Inc. SavageIX.

Now, the sims 2 (according to it's requirements) needs either:
1) ATI Radeon 7200 or greater;​
2) NVIDIA GeForce2 or greater.​

I've tried downloading both from the internet and they downloaded successfully. However, when i opened The Sims 2 file to start playing it, the same msg still comes out. I also have already downloaded DirectX 9.0c.

Please tell me what to do.. :(

Thanks in advance.. =)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You cannot play the Sims2 game because your laptops graphics card isn`t suitable.

You need to upgrade your graphics card. Check you laptops manual to see if the graphics can be upgraded.

You cannot download a graphics adapter off the net.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Question for Sims 2

Have been playing my custom neighborhood without any problems for months. Today when i loaded the game the neighborhood was gone.
It is like i have never played the game.

Have no clue how this happened or how to fix it.

Any help would be great.

Thankyou in advance

Pinksalute

I Am In Desperate Need Of Some Camera Help For The Sims 2!!!

everytime i try to take a picture of my sims, they turn out black. i never had this problem with the first sims. it has been this way since i bought it 6 months ago. i've researched and researched for some solution but i havent had any luck. could someone please email me at sk8tergl247@hotmail.com or something with a solution??? thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back