Help with The Sims 2

By Torto
Jul 11, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pls! i need help.. i know nuts when it comes to computing.. I just got the The Sims 2 after waiting for a super duper long time and i really want to play it. But after installing it, my lappy popped this msg when i open the sims to play.

"Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system. Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer."​

My laptop was bought in 2001 and it's using Windows XP. When i checked out the display, the adapter it shows to be using is S3 Graphics Inc. SavageIX.

Now, the sims 2 (according to it's requirements) needs either:
    1) ATI Radeon 7200 or greater;​
    2) NVIDIA GeForce2 or greater.​

I've tried downloading both from the internet and they downloaded successfully. However, when i opened The Sims 2 file to start playing it, the same msg still comes out. I also have already downloaded DirectX 9.0c.

Please tell me what to do.. :(

Thanks in advance.. =)
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You cannot play the Sims2 game because your laptops graphics card isn`t suitable.

You need to upgrade your graphics card. Check you laptops manual to see if the graphics can be upgraded.

You cannot download a graphics adapter off the net.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. pinksalute

pinksalute Newcomer, in training

Question for Sims 2

Have been playing my custom neighborhood without any problems for months. Today when i loaded the game the neighborhood was gone.
    It is like i have never played the game.

Have no clue how this happened or how to fix it.

Any help would be great.

Thankyou in advance

Pinksalute
  4. eurogl93

eurogl93 Newcomer, in training

I Am In Desperate Need Of Some Camera Help For The Sims 2!!!

everytime i try to take a picture of my sims, they turn out black. i never had this problem with the first sims. it has been this way since i bought it 6 months ago. i've researched and researched for some solution but i havent had any luck. could someone please email me at sk8tergl247@hotmail.com or something with a solution??? thanks in advance
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.