Help with Toshiba satellite M105

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone...
Needing help with the following...

Everytime i turn on my computer it will go to the toshiba intro screen but doesn't start windows, then it becomes black with a message "A disc read error occurred...please press CRTL + ALT + Delete to restart"

and when i do that it does back to the Toshiba intro screen and goes back to the black screen with the same message..however when i'm on the intro screen i can press f2 and f12 to setup or boot..

if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated...i'm soo desperate.
Edit/Delete Message

The hard drive is corrupted or it is going bad. You could try and reformat the drive. You will loose all your data

is there a way i can save my files from the hard drive before reformatting the drive and how do i go about reformatting my drive when it only takes me to the intro screen?

You can insert your hard drive into a desktop as a slave, using an adapter. Then access the drive from the desktop drive, and drag & drop or use recovery software. That is extremely reliable.
Or you can install it into a powered external USB drive casing, and access it with anything that will reliably read USB drives. That is less reliable.
The adapters are available at www.geeks.com, www.cyberguys.com, and others. You need to have a little experience, and know about jumpers, master and slave configurations with the adapters... which cost anywhere from $2.50 to $9.00 depending on where you get them.
These methods both require that the drive will spin freely... which is usually the case. The common failure is that come of the magnetic media on the first 8 sectors of the drive has begun to curl and peel off... but if a bearing has gone bad and the drive will not turn, your chances are low, unless you use a recovery service where the costs will easily be $450 per drive.
Or you can hire a service to recover them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back