TechSpot

Help with Videos

By HellRell
Mar 14, 2008
  1. Hi, I have a lot of short videos of my infant son. They were taken with a Kodak Digital Camera. I have them on my computer, and wanted to store them seperately for more security in case the computer died. I saved them to a 4gb flash drive. They are on there, I verified it by putting the flash drive in another computer. They are stored as Quicktime (.mov) files. I want to put them on a DVD. I have blank DVDs, my computer has a DVD burner, along with software for creating DVDs. All the software programs say the file time is incorrect (.mov). I tried 4 different types of software for creating DVDs.
    Please help me if you can.
    Thanks.

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

Download and install Google's Picasa 2. Let Picasa load the videos and see if you can burn them from there. I have done this on a CD, but not a DVD yet

3. tipstir

tipstir TS Ambassador Posts: 2,392   +107

I do it all the with the Kodak MOV.. I convert them MP2 (mpeg2) their is a program that will do this called MainConcepts MPEG 1/2 Quicktime MOV AVI converter. You can give a try I know it's not for free, but you can try it out for 30 days. To burn it on a DVD again not hard, Easiest software is Ulead Movie Factory I know they've changed the name again but all you have to do it take the MP2 and add to to the program and insert a blank DVD. Does it fast well depends how huge the video is. You can add menus and make it fancy or just leave it without menus.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.