TechSpot

Help with Voodoo 5 5500

By Hockey8661
Aug 28, 2002
  1. I need some help wit my Voodoo 5 5500 until I buy my GeForce4 Ti4600 128 mb car next month. IN some games my Voodoo works flawlessly and in other I can't make out the screen because it is all fuzzy and distorted with lines going across it. (Ex. Operation Flashpoint & Warcraft III) However Warcraft III was working earlier and now it doesn't. If anyone can lead me to some good drivers for the Voodoo 5 5500 or can in anyway help me fix this problem I would be very grateful. Oh and I am using Windows XP.

2. Per Hansson

Per Hansson TS Server Guru Posts: 1,932   +126 Staff Member

Then Windows XP is your problem, no good Voodoo drivers for XP where made, so my advice would be for you to go back to Win2K and then download some drivers here: http://www.planetfalconfly.de/

3. ss1

ss1 TS Rookie Posts: 106

I can tell you that Operation Flashpoint did work v.well under Win2K using the 1.04 drivers when I had my Voodoo5.

BTW I suggest a R9700 would be a wiser purchase than a Ti4600

ss1,

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.