Help with windows live messenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

After waiting for updates, i finally decided to install windows live messenger, but I have a fairly big problem... I always send messages to my contacts by right clicking on the icon and selecting "Send as", but now it also shows off line contacts. This is a problem, because I have about 350 people on my msn list, friends, colleagues, business partners and many more. And it is nigh on impossible to find anyone who is online. Is there a mod to change this to only show online contacts? I have downloaded msn plus, but it hasn't got the option to change it.

Regards,

Korrupt

Uhm.. How about Contacts->Filter contacts->Online contacts only. Present in the vanilla installation of Live.

(The menu bar button is in the upper right corner next to the usual Windows buttons).

Yes, but as I said, I dont open up a conversation windows to talk to people by opening up the msn main window, I do it by right clicking the icon in the task bar, and selecting send message to. I do this because about 90% of my contacts are blocked, so I have to look through the entire list to find someone.

You can just type in the "Find contact" box.
And as for all those blocked people.. Why not just delete them? They will still remain blocked.

Because I just unblock em if I want to talk to them. But at any given time, 90% of contacts are blocked. The only people who are never blocked are my real life friends... I just want it like old messenger:(

Yeah try downloading messenger plus! which you can organise groups of contacts into and talk to them that way and why do you want to block them all the time ?
Monique

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back