Help With Xtreme Xfi Sound Card No Sound!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUDEBWOY

i bought the logitech z500 its all hooked up correct then i installed my xfi extreme card...now im getting no music etc sound on the speakers...i disabled the onboard sound card which is a realtek ac97 i dont know whats going on please help!

Sound

It sounds like you had an old sound card then upgraded... You may need to unistall the old drivers for the old card in device manager and install the new ones that came with your new card. also you may need to configure your sound driver in the correct configuration(i.e. my motherboard has 3 ports and i can either hook up 1. audio in, audio out and microphone 2. front two, center, and rear...) all in all is sounds like a good card$$$

i did i removed everything of realtek and even disabled it from the bios and still music is playing but not coming out the speakers but the speakers are working cause the remote got a test feature and sounds come out of it but anything computer releated sounds isnt coming out for no rsn.

I don`t know if this`ll help, but it might.

Go to your control panel and double click on sounds and audio devices. In the window that appears, click on the audio tab. Make sure your new soundcard is selected in the sound playback and the sound recording panels. It may still be set to default. Click apply/ok.

See if that helps.

Regards Howard :)

ok fixed the issue

it seems that the current pci slot i had the sound card in was giving issues...as soon as i moved the sound card to a diff pci slot it worked great..and dam logitech z500 with xfi extreme sound card is loud as hell i can hear the music from the streets outside...

yea kinda sucks tho cause i wasted a good 3 hours or maybe more trying to figure out what was going on..and its always the most simplest things..thank god i decided to change the pci slots...then i would of save lots of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back