Help with Zen Micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

merchant_911

Hi My zen micro is screwed i bought it off my friend...I hoock it up to my computer except it doesnt reconize it...It shows its charging but when I unhoock it i cant turn it on or anything??? Can anyone help me

well about the charging, mine takes about 30 min of USB charging to be able to turn on. The best way to do it is to plug it into an outlet. Mine also only has about 2 hours of battery life, not sure if thats normal or not..

About it not being recognized, you may need to upgrade its firmware at creative.com, i had to do this. Now computers are able to detect it, and is able to detect it as a removable disk without any drivers installed on the PC. (that is, if i set it to have some removable storage).

I also had to install the Media Explorer program off of the zen micro CD, then go to creative and download the newest version. For some reason the file on creative.com was not able to recognize the zen. Tris might be because its only a web update, although im not 100% sure.

Good luck. :wave:

O.k

Ok thanks but how do i update my driver? Like my computer said when i put it in found new harware...Zen creative... But like when I click the stes to instal the new driver it just sais like no portable device found

same thing happened to me, the computer says it can see the zen, but when i try to install the drivers, they couldn't detect it. What i had to do was:

1. install the drivers from the Zen CD

2. Go to http://us.creative.com/support/down...8820&Product_Name=ZEN+Micro&OSName=Windows+XP
and download that file, its the web update for the Zen Micro Media Explorer. (which you would think should work without installing the cd first, its the exact same installation file, just different version.).

After doing those 2 steps, and restarting i could then use the media explorer program to manage music.

I'm not sure why the driver files on the web do not work for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back