Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had this problem for a while now, I have tried so many things to get this issue resolved including looking at previous threads from other persons on here.

My PC was running fine until I replaced the motherboard, now I cannot play a single game, nothing, Zilch due to an on-going framerate problem. I mean I was playing World of warcraft with my frame-rate bouncing between 8 - 10FPS. I have tried older games on this such as Morrowind, Splinter Cell etc etc yet it's still as appauling and to be honest it's driving me insane!!!!!!!!!

I have tried quite a few things to figure this out so I will try my best to explain, I have tested about with graphics cards (trying other ones), upgraded my Power Supply (Just in case), messed about with so many setting in control panels to lower the quality and increase performance yet nothing has really improved.

I got this motherboard from a friends after he upgraded as my old PC died through old age 'R.I.Pieces.' I saw this runnign and know this new mother board is fine!

I was looking into the Bios the other day and there looked to be this setting for Smart Speed I think, it looked as if it would automatically overclock my CPU and AGP, but I am really not sure. I dont have the internet at home at the moment so i'm writing this at the office, I will answer anything I can and look at things when I get home...

Please help me. /cry

Hi

Can you post your system specifications ..

Mobo: Make and model
Graphics: make and model
Memory.... PSU... etc....

Cheers

I will do what I can as i'm at the office.

Motherboard: Foxconn (Dont know what model is)
CPU: Intel P4 2gb
Ram: 2gb (Pc2700)
PSU: 450W
GPU: I've tested on quite a few, including ATI 9200se and Nvidia GeForce 6200 (I believe)

I'm really not sure if this is all correct but I will have a proper look over the weekend.

A question...

When you changed the motherboard, did you make a clean windows install?
also
When swapping the graphics cards, did you remove the drivers of the previous card each time ?

The model of your motherboard?

Cheers

Thanks for the reply's!

Ok I got the processor wrong, it's actually an athlon 64 processor, The motherboard is: Foxconn NF3250K8AA-ERS.

when I changed the motherboard over I did indeed do a fresh install I have cleansed all drivers when changing over graphics card in fact I think I ended up with another fresh install... Both cards don't sustain the framerate and one of them is brand new.

I have disabled the onboard Ac'97 audio as i'm using a PCI sound card Audigy 2 platinum.

I'm so stumped...

Hi

Have you reset the BIOS?
Even if you have reset the bios, reset it again...
unplug PC from power > remove BIOS battery for 30 sec, while the battery is out keep the start button pressed ... (some mobos need to have the start button pressed for the reset to work)..
This should ensure default settings... Also, if you have a new battery, replace the old one...

also
Which is the graphics card you have on now?

cheers

Thanks for the reply again! What good would a manual Bios reset do? There is a load optimized defaults within the Bios itself.

Anyways to continue with my rant! :))

Firstly I rolled back the ATI Drivers and re-installed the. PNY GeForce 6200, (256 MB) AGP Video Card as this is a better card I believe.

Then I did the Bios reset in the way you explained to me, took out the power lead, held down power button while the machine is turned off and then took out the battery for 30 seconds, unfortunatley though I didn't have time to test any games, I will do this first thing when I get home after work today. Hopefully this should resolve something and I will update this thread in the morning with any success or failure.

Is there anything else I can try/test? Just in case this doesn't work so I can get to the bottom of whats causing this!

Thanks for the help again, it's much appreciated :)

No i'm afraid not and i've run out of ideas to try, even some of the most basic games seem to have FPS issues although I know my PC is more than capable of running the games! I'm so confused. :(

Right ..

Check the BIOS if the AGP slot is runnung at 8x data transfer rate...
Also set the AGP apeture size to be equal to that of the Graphics card (ie 256mb)..
While you are checking the bios, have a look if the processor and memory settings correspond to the manufacturers specifications...

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back