Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I was wandering if anyone can help me with my problem, which is I did a system recovery a while back and when it was done I kept getting a comand press my ntldr was comressed restart comp. I did not have a recovery disk so a friend of mine gave me a windows xp cd so I downloaded windows xp again. So you may see my problem all ready but now its saying my windows is not valid and I am not sure how to delete the new window download and just use my old one which I dont even know is still in here. The new download put everything into a new drive H when before all my files were in D. So I hope there is a genious out that can hellp me Thank you!

ok im sorry its very confusing to me. I had to do a system recovery so I did. When I restarted my pc windows would not open. so I borrowed a windows xp installation cd because mine was installed when I bought the pc. I did not have a tools cd either. So I installed the new xp and it got my pc to open up but now its saying there isnt enough space or its saying thats its not a validate windows. I don t want to use the new windows I know mine was installed but just couldnt open because it said that my nrtld or something like that was compressed and I couldnt fix it with out any recovery tool cd to get to were i could type in a command. I hope this is a little better I guess to put it simple I have two windows xp loaded on my pc and one of them have to go but i do not iknow how to delete the newer one or if the older one is still even available. thanks for replying I know its a bit confusing to say the least.
kim

boot in safe mode with the original installation. then run CHKDSK on your C drive.

if you cannot boot at all your registry is corrupted. If you can access the system tools on a space XP CD then attempt to do that. DO NOT install a second copy of the OS on the HD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back