Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,all.....I wonder if anyone could help

My daughter has been accuse of UPLOADING A TROJAN VIRUS ON HER WORKS COMPUTER,she has denied this accusation but her company have sacked her.

As far a i have been lead to understand you can't upload a trojan virus,Could anyone advise please......IMO she was dismissed because she is 6 months pregnant

Imho, you need to get a lawyer asap and be sure that she still possess control of said laptop/desktop computer. It's important to keep the evidence intact for the lawyer, etc...

Thanks for advice slayer,But unfortunately she was told to leave the office immediately,I have contacted a solicitor,We will see what transpires....GLTY

A few preparatory comments that may facilitate getting an answer.

A topic title “Help” isn’t very…helpful, especially in view of the fact that most topics on this board are about…help. You could for example phrase it as “Can a Virus Be Uploaded?”

Now, to get a proper technical reply, it’s appropriate to give more info. How is she supposed to have uploaded or pushed thru the virus? From a workstation to the server? From her own laptop? Through an application/email/CD/system hole? Is there an Antivirus report? The accusation should have specified this.

The general answer, as you may gather from the above questions, is that it’s certainly possible to spread a virus in a company by someone possessing suitable knowledge and having sufficient access to a not properly supervised and protected system. But of course, you don’t want a general answer in this specific case.

As regards the legal position, that’s a matter for a lawyer, but if he’s going to fight the case on the grounds of technical impossibility, he’ll want from you more technical details plus an expert’s report.

This is not a matter for a computer help board- it is a legal matter.

But for what it's worth, uploading, is the sending of data from a local system to a remote system, such as a server, or peer, with the intent that the remote system should save a copy of whatever is being transferred.

This is opposed to "downloading": To download is to receive data to a local system from a remote system, such as a webserver, FTP server, email server, or other similar systems. A download is any file that is offered for downloading or that has been downloaded.

One would have to wonder how-or why- a worker could-or would- send a Trojan from her computer to some remote system with the purpose of recovering it there.

It's a matter of direction and location. This shouldn't be any problem for lawyer who graduated from law school!

Understand please that this is meant for your information only and nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back