Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirMaggot

im haveing a problem with my pc i installed a cooling system and now when i start up my pc it freezes right before the window xp loading screen

It really is hard to say without more infomation on th cooling system you installed and what you did to install it.

It may not even be anything to do with the cooling system - Even the best of us at some point have touched the wrong thin at the wrong time in the wrong way and have fried something or other. On some rare occcasions, even a simple random failiure of a component can be to blame.

You don't have your computer specs in your profile either, so we don't even know what yiour system is.

Before anybody can help you, you really do need to offer some more information than you've given so far.

If you're saying that windows is loading up, and then it stops loading and freezes (as is, it doesn't reboot or anything) then its hard to say. From this limited info, I would say that there's a problem with windows, it doesn't just stop loading for no particular reason, least of all hardware.

If it were hardware related, its probably HDD related, anything else and it wouldn't even start loading.

If it is restarting, not freezing, you might have installed your new cooling system incorrectly, hence it overheats before windows loads, and reboots.

Until you can tell us more about the system, its hard to help.

I'll take a stab at it. Did you apply thermal compound to the CPU where it contacts the heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back