Help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry ev-1, was no other way to do this. Hello 2 all, my name is simplee51 and I found this site thru a search. I'm not a tech professional, just someone that really needs the help of the professionals here. My question is can anyone give me any insight on Spybot, and if you can, after the scan is done, it found over 50 spies on my PC, all being in RED. Because I have NO idea what it is I'm looking for and/or at, because the list is in red can ALL be deleted. Also, I've read different horror stories of Spyware giving False readings, so I'm really afraid to do anything because of fear of deleting something that shouldn't be. So with all that said, can anyone here recommend any really good Spyware. My operating system is Windows ME Millennium which is one of the most unstable things I've ever seen. Thank you for your help !!! :bounce:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Spybot Search & Detroy, is a very reputable programme that you can trust.

Let it fix whatever it finds. You always have the choice to restore whatever it fixes by clicking on the recovery icon, and selecting what it is you would like to restore.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Howard,

thank you 4 your reply, it really helped. I have just a couple more questions if you don't mind. I can not remember where I read this but I read that Spybot and Ad-Aware SE Personal programs have a conflict when on the same PC. I ask this question because I'm still using the Trial version of Ad-Aware and if this is true, I wont purchase it. I'm having enough problems just having Windows ME as my operating system. Also, can you endorse WinASO Registry Optimizer 2.0.6, I've heard good things about this registry cleaner and will purchase it if need be.

After I scan Ad-Aware I always get the same critical items which are my Cookies on IE, I keep deleting the same cookies. How do I stop this from happening. Thank you once again for your help !!!
:grinthumb

First if you wouldn`t mind. In future would you please use normal colours for your text, as this makes it easier to read. Thanks.

As far as I`m aware, there should be no problems with having SSD, and Adaware on the same computer.

As for the registry checker you mention. I`m not familiar with that programme, so I can`t really advise you, except to say, be careful when using a registry checker, as if you start deleting registry keys without knowing what they are you can seriously screw up your system. Always back up your registry before making any changes to it.

The reason you keep getting the same cookies in Adaware is because you are using Internet Explorer.

Get Firefox instead, and only use IE for Windows updates.

You can get Firefox HERE

Regards Howard :) :)

I cannot reply to your private message, because you don`t have the option to receive P.M`s turned on in your profile.

If you wish to turn this option on. Click on user profile at the top of any page, then click on edit options, and check the box that says enable private messaging.

Regards Howard :) :)

Thank U !!!

Hello Howard,

Everything is checked for sending private E-mail and messaging, I don't understand why it does not work.

I am having problems with my Netscape Browser 8.0. Netscape and Firefox browsers are identical browsers and with both, I'm having problems with the Panels being entirely too large. It really doesn't matter what Panel I click onto, any panel is too LARGE where it is impossible to see the entire page. I find that I literally have to move the page over to the left of my screen in order to close that panel out. At the very top of my Tool Bar, you can see the top of words there but can not access the rest of the page. I know you can resize any Web page on Firefox by holding the CTRL and the Plus (+) sign, but with the panels, that's not possible. Is there some way I can make these panels fit into the normal size window.

Thanks again !!!! :)

Debra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back