Helpp (Mic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I got a mic -- C-Media USB Headphone Set. Well actually that's the usb plugin. I got a mic that plugs into it. It's a mic only though, no headphones attached to it. So I plug the mic in, turn the thing on and the hardware automatically installs (I don't have any control over that as far as I know =/).. It shows nothing about this on my Realtek soundcard. So I check the volume control, the mixer devices include an extra device now: C-Media USB Headphone Set. This is probably expected, however, there is also Playback AND Recording. And under Recording there is only the Capture volume control, not Microphone or Line-in or anything, only Capture. Nothing is muted nor is anything on low volume setting. I cannot hear any sound on the computer or even hear myself (on the computer when talking into the mic) when the usb is turned on (theres a switch to turn it on). As soon as I turn it off, the computers sound immediatly works. When I record me talking into the mic, I see the lines moving proving that the mic does work. After turning the mic off I can play this back and I hear myself just fine. I have another mic, but it doesn't require a usb. This works just fine (other than that it's really bad quality mic, and so there isn't much of a volume boost when I hear myself). I also have another thing that a my mic can plug into, it plugs in like my other microphone plugs in, and I can plug my mic into that. When I plug this in though, Realtek does notice it, and I can change some settings, but it doesn't work, like sound works and everything but the mic doesn't work at all. Any suggestions guys? It'd be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

You can select different soundcards (or devices) for playback and recording from Control Panel -> Sounds and Audio Devices -> Audio.

=DD Sweet. I still can't hear myself while I talk into the mic, but at least I can hear my songs while talking to someone on mic. =) Thxz, greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back