HELPP!! Screen Goes Black, But Laptop Still Running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, My notebook is an Advent 7211 on Vista Home Premium. it was working perfectly lastnight. i plugged my digi camera in and left it to charge overnight, i closed the laptop.
i opening it up this morning, and the screen was just black, its on, but just black. the HDD fan is constantly on. i turned it off, and tried turning it on again, it loads up with the advent welcome screen and then goes into windows error recovery giving me the two options,

launch startup repair (recommended)
start windows normally

i've used both options, but still the same happens, it loads for a second then thats in, black screen with HDDfan spinning away.

i've also gone into repair mode. same thing happens.
i've tried starting it up in safe mode, it loads all the drivers, then stops.

unfortunatly, i didn't get any DVD discs intime to copy the "Tech Guys DVD" onto disk, so i can't even format it.

i don't know what to do anymore. do i download Vista and start all over again.. or does anyone have any ideas?

ps. before i closed my laptop, my camera was being weird and not charging properly, i had to put the cable into my camera halfway till it beeped, then put it in. and an error message showed up on the screen saying that it isnt functioning properly. i don't really see this destroying my computer, but still..

HELP!

Press F8 before the laptop shows the Windows screen... Instead of selecting "Start Normally" select VGA Mode and restart the laptop

I had a HP laptop that did this.
It was a loose connection on the screen hinges, try moving the screen up and down to see if it starts displaying again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back