Hercules drops graphics cards products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
News come from Beyond3D who have confirmed that Hercules is dropping its whole graphics card line up (no more 3D Prophets) as well as its LCD monitors, apparently the company was not satisfied with the little to no room they were getting for making customized products and ultimately the dollars weren't flowing as expected...

The Hercules videocards always differed from others, by special BIOS, clockspeed and/or ramspeed. As you may have noticed is that Hercules ATI based products were not really different from other brands. The reason behind it was ATI.

Hercules will still give full customer support as long as needed for their existing customers

I still have an old Hercules MDA graphics adapter, does 720x348 in black & white. The Hercules Thriller 3D I had for about a year wasn't too bad either (Rendition Verite V2200 chip), and now I have Hercules 3D Prophet Radeon9800SE All-in-Wonder.

Too bad they're dropping out, I actually like their products.

Hercules used to stand for Overclocked cards out of the box but since the GeForce ( 1st generation ) nVidia or ATI didn't let card makers modify the specs anymore.

You had to stick with default & could only provide tools for the user to overclock himself. The last Hercules cards only stood out thx to the PCB colors maybe some nicer fans but other then that it reference design all the way.:dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back