Hercules Prophet 3D 4500 64MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else out there using this graphics card??

Are you having (or have you had) any problems with it?

Whenever I play a game (EQ, Madden 2002, NHL2002, etc...) it starts out ok but after a certain amount of time (it varies) the graphics start to flicker... I guess a good way to describe it is to imagine how the screen get's rendered if you were watching it in slow motion... you would see a line starting in the top left hand corner of the screen then tracing from left to right while moving down a line each time... this is what happens (but in normal speed) while playing a game, it starts out with a few flickers then get's progressively worse... sometimes if I reboot and start again it's fine for a little then starts over again... sometimes rebooting doesn't work???

Any suggestions?????

I have the same card but I've never seen what you describe. Since it gets progressively worse and rebooting doesn't always fix the problem, I'm going to guess that the problem you're having is heat related. Make sure your card is not overclocked and also make sure that it gets plenty of ventilation. Get the latest drivers from Hercules to minimize driver problems.

Heat??

I have installed all the latest drivers, Hercules, AGP, Epox 4 in 1, etc... and I am not overclocking at all...

I just purchased a new 400w power supply to replace my 250w power supply, haven't installed it yet...

I think it might be heat related also... can you or anyone else tell me what a good cpu and/or case temperature is (what should it not go higher than)??? The ambient room temperature is 70 F on average...

The power supply could be the cause.

Also try changing to PowerVR reference drivers, unless u have the very very latest Hercules drivers. As the PowerVR drivers seem to fix a few bugs with KYRO based cards. On a 4000XT PCI i get white squares in MOH:AA with Hercules drivers

Hi! A while back I had a Hercules 4000XT (based on the original Kyro). I had a similar problem that I solved by changing the OS and drivers altogether (in other words, I went XP and never encountered this problem again). You may want to try the dedicated Kyro forums on www.paraknowya.com for additional info on this matter (and others). If you read German, you may want to look at another great Kyro-dedicated site called Deferred Power (www.mitrax.de).
Good luck!

I hav one of these cards in the computer I just sold off: It is a driver problem. The problems go away a few at a time with new driver releases. my worst problem was with Diablo 2, After 20-30 minutes of play, lines and squares sarted to appear. I had to reload the game and all was ok for anotehr 20-30 min. This problem got resolved with driver release 9.xx.
Just make sure you have the latest drivers at all times with any Kyro type card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back