TechSpot

Here are the logs, even I could follow the steps

By rosielee
Dec 8, 2009
  1. please let me know if i havent attached the hyjack results and i wil just cut and paste it. i have tried to attach it as this is what was asked, please let me know what to do if i ahve done this wrong.
    i have done the eight steps and was really pleased that it was so simple to follow- even i could do it, there was no malcious files detected in the virus quick scan so i havent included a log on this, i downloaded java as i didnt have it, i have had it int he past but got rid of it to make space- it would help if i knew what it was for then in future ill leave it on- to me its just a symbol of a cup of coffee and i have no idea what it does- so id love to know from someone why it is needed. i am trying to learn.
    many thanks for the support here- So grateful after being in the dark for so long.

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

Rosie, you're going to need to have patience. I'm still helping other who posted two days ago!

I did take a quick look at your log- it doesn't look like a full log. Are you using Vista without and of the SP updates?

You didn't give m any information about the problem you're having. We don't just "screen" HijackThis logs. With an incomplete log and no information, I can't do anything.

Please do not start another thread for this. I get to the threads as soon as I can as do others. If you need malware cleaning, I need to know the problems and see all 3 logs.

Java is needed to 'read' some websites. If the icon bothers you, do a right click> Exit on it.

3. rosielee

rosielee TS Rookie Topic Starter

hyjack log

sorry i didnt realise you were in a backlog of posts i just thought my question had been mistakenly overlooked.
    i dont understand why i havent given you a full log as i followed the eight steps sent you what came up after a clicked the button i was told to click.
    im not being picky but i dont understand this question you asked,

Are you using Vista without and of the SP updates?
    if you could clarify this question for me it would be good as i want to make sure i am doing the right thing, are there any posts or articles I should read that will help me understand my pc a bit more? I know where everything is,i can navigate my way around a pc, i know how to do disk clean up, fragmentor and other little things but thats about it- I need to know what i am doing a bit more.
    thanks for telling me what java is- puzzle solved-
    is there some sort of standard health check i can do on my pc then? i thought that hyjack thing was that,
    now i know you are busy with other posts ill wait next time,

4. Bobbye

This is the heading on the HijackThis log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
    Scan saved at 21:47:53, on 03/01/2002
    Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
    MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16916)

When there are the SP updates on the system, they are listed here. Your should be showing:

Platform: Windows Vista SP2 (WinNT 6.00.1904)

Visit the Microsoft Download Sitefrequently.
    You should get All updates marked Critical and the current SP updates:Windows 2000> SP4, Windows XP> SP2, SP3, Vista> SP2

I don't know what else to tell you because you haven't told me what problem you're having- if any. We don't just 'screen' a system with HijackThis.

5. rosielee

thankyou Bobeye

i will make sure that i have all the updates- i thought i was updated with all the critical ones- but will make sure- im not sure whether i have a problem really- like you said- probably havent got a problem- maybe its vista and gaming thats our problem and the fact i only just meet the requirments of some of the games that are played. i think my problem is, is that i am blind where computers are concerned so i think i am the bigger problem then my computer- but will keep on learnng from this forum and just read a lot really. thanks for your help- hope you will be there for me if i have a serious problem

6. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

If you had followed the 8-Steps properly, you would have posted 3 logs:
    Hijackthis
    Malwarebytes
    Superantispyware

Run Windows Update manually and keep selecting "check for updates" until there are no more listed

7. Bobbye

Please let me know if you need additional help Rosie. If the problem continues, we're going to need to check the RAM and/or logs from the 3 removal programs.

8. rosielee

thanks bobbye- much appreciated

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.