Here are the top 25 most popular mobile apps in the US

By Justin Kahn
Aug 25, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. While sometimes the massive popularity of mobile game releases can make it seem as though apps like Angry Birds are among the most popular, the social and entertainment apps still capture our attention the most. Based on a recent study...

Read more
  2. Cueto_99

Cueto_99 TS Booster Posts: 248   +12

And WhatsApp? seems in the US it isn't as popular as in the rest of the world...
    Julio Franco likes this.
  3. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 7,028   +613

Good observation @Cueto_99, I'm pretty sure Whatsapp usage is through the roof outside the US across continents.
    Cueto_99 likes this.
  4. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,729   +1,093

Strange.... right in the middle of the list singing 'One of these just doesn't belong here...' seems to be Yahoo Stocks. The whole list is social media, entertainment, and email, but right in the middle is a stocks app. I had no idea there were that many people who cared about the stock market.
    Or maybe it's just surprising that a stock app beat any weather app.
  5. Nice to see that people are using Google+.
  6. Tanstar

Tanstar TS Guru Posts: 394   +81

They're just auto-backing up their photos.
  7. wastedkill

wastedkill TS Evangelist Posts: 1,373   +310

Facebook messenger should be one of those "Accidental Deletions" that google does...
  8. Timonius

Timonius TS Evangelist Posts: 638   +56

Last I checked that was included with iOS on some kind of 'deal' and it couldn't be uninstalled. So the numbers are 'padded'.

Of course that was last time I checked (or even cared for that matter).

Not surprising you can't easily install apps on android without Google Play, so....
  9. No... google is just running it on the background for the NSA
  10. A little weird because in a earlier post mention that WhatsApp have 600 millions of subscriber so I suppose that most of are outside US......
  11. RustyTech

RustyTech TS Guru Posts: 819   +385

Has anyone read the Rights Usage on the most recent updated of Google Services???? yeah...thanks but no thanks.
  12. Gamesinner

Gamesinner TS Rookie Posts: 86

This is a totally inaccurate list. Most of these are preinstalled on most smartphones and can not be removed unless you root your phone. Updates are constantly being downloaded hence the false numbers.