Here's how to see everything you've purchased online with one easy Google Search

Justin Kahn

While Google has consistently updated basic search results with new bits of information, it also has more personal options as well. Users can use traditional Google searches to check out all the different things they have purchased, along with handy search filters to keep it organized.

Just in time for the buying season, users that are logged in to their Google accounts can simply run the search “my purchases” to receive an in-line list of items they have purchased online. There are a few factors at play here, those purchases must have been in some way fired through your personal Google ecosystem (I.e. verification emails and receipts to your Gmail account, etc.). 

google search google black friday purchase receipts

You can add other filters to the above purchase query like dates and times or even product categories like my purchases from June 2013, my purchases from from yesterday, my purchases amazon or my purchases tablet.

Each result in the list offers up additional information as well. Clicking on one of your personal purchase results, will bring back data like the time/date of purchase, payment method, tracking links, bill breakdowns and a direct link to the complete receipt. 

Permalink to story.

And this is a good thing, why exactly?
Obviously so that once someone does it (likely out of curiosity), Google can tailor it's ads and sponsored links towards things you may buy. It's to make our lives easier by showing us what we want to buy... remember Google does no evil; it's in their motto after all, Right?

.......... Right.....?

Obviously so that once someone does it (likely out of curiosity), Google can tailor it's ads and sponsored links towards things you may buy.
If you have a Gmail account, then you should already know that Google already does this, and well beyond the boundaries of good taste. Besides, I thought that Amazon's head narcissist, had figured out how to ship stuff to us, before we actually clicked to buy it. It seems like magic, but its really gross invasion of privacy, covered up by a few mentalism parlor tricks'
It's to make our lives easier by showing us what we want to buy... remember Google does no evil; it's in their motto after all, Right?

.......... Right.....?
It's most likely because of my age, as I'm 40 some odd years older than the internet, and that's what makes me work bass ackwards. But, I tend to think about what I want, then I use Google to find it for me.

In any event, Google's new strategy is a revolutionary backdoor approach to an old axiom, which should now be altered to read, "money and its fool are soon parted company".

I'm probably a minority of one in this sentiment, but I'd still, honest to God, rather have the NSA surveilling me than Google.

Thanks for the heads up. Tried it, and unfortunately for me it's not that useful, because it highlights way too many "purchases" of free stuff, such as from the Amazon appstore, and misses many real purchases. So while it would be nice to have some backup to my own tracking of purchases, this unfortunately isn't it. If they added the prices and some way to tally them, that might have been more useful. I'm sure many people would be surprised at how much money they spend. I know I always am.

And this is a good thing, why exactly?
The purpose of this capability is so that you, the user, can develop a very tiny sense of, the very briefest of glimpses at, the mountain of data that defines YOU as an entity & comprises your ultimate value or worth as that entity.

SCOTUS apparently decided that they had better move forward & redefine corporations as People, since it's clear that over 99% of all Human People are simply no longer worth the time, trouble & expense to maintain their Human status. Expect your ID placards to arrive any day, along with a copy of the title declaring who your new owner is.

The purpose of this capability is so that you, the user, can develop a very tiny sense of, the very briefest of glimpses at, the mountain of data that defines YOU as an entity & comprises your ultimate value or worth as that entity.

SCOTUS apparently decided that they had better move forward & redefine corporations as People, since it's clear that over 99% of all Human People are simply no longer worth the time, trouble & expense to maintain their Human status. Expect your ID placards to arrive any day, along with a copy of the title declaring who your new owner is.
Thank you sir, may I have another?

I think I forgot my sarcasm tags, did not expect any real response. :p
Verily I say unto thee, "stuff"!

With that out of the way, your post was way too rich to not get editorialized in full measure, by the inimitable Kruel Kranky Keyboard. (and yes, that's 3 K's in a row, but who's kounting).

My homepage is Google and is always signed in. Clearly the author uses a different methodology than me when buying online. Last month I got myself $$$$$ of parts from eight online stores for building a high end gaming PC. Not one was listed even when using the time and country filters.

My homepage is Google and is always signed in. Clearly the author uses a different methodology than me when buying online. Last month I got myself $$$$$ of parts from eight online stores for building a high end gaming PC. Not one was listed even when using the time and country filters.
Shhhh, not so loud! Google will hear you...:D

Of course I had to try this. So clicking on the little receipt icons it shows a breakdown of what I bought including taxes and shipping cost. Looks like just all the email receipts I received in my gmail. I kind of like the idea of being able to look back on my purchases in a group but still made me feel a little uneasy. I know it makes no difference really as the information is being collected regardless and I already have the ads catered to me whenever I am online. I guess the only way to avoid this is to go in a store pay in cash and use no reward card , otherwise all purchases are tracked by someone for whatever reason.

Back