Here's the Samsung Gear S2 teaser you may have missed at Unpacked

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Samsung used its recent Unpacked event to reveal the Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge+ smartphones but what you may have missed was a quick teaser for its first round smartwatch, the Gear S2. Samsung has since published the teaser on YouTube for all to see.

The Tizen-based Gear S2, previously known by its codename Orbis, will officially break cover on September 3, one day before the IFA trade show gets under way in Berlin. The teaser shows a very polished UI with loads of customizable options but not much else.

Earlier rumors suggest the S2 will feature a 1.56-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 360 x 360 that’s powered by a Samsung Exynos 3472 dual-core SoC clocked at 1.2GHz (450MHz Mali-400 MP4 GPU). There’s also said to be 768MB of RAM onboard in addition to 4GB of storage – all powered by a 250mAh battery.

Connectivity-wise, we’re told to expect Bluetooth 4.1, 802.11n Wi-Fi and an optional 3G radio in addition to an accelerometer, heart rate sensor, barometer and a gyroscope.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

For me personally any smartwatch is as useful an ashtray on a motorbike but even if I wanted or could find a use for one I'd ignore this device because of Tizen. The OS is still to new to be taken seriously by the general consumer. If they used Android instead I'm sure they'd see a lot more sales.

Back