Here's your first look at 'Far Cry 5'

Shawn Knight

Staff member

After nearly a week of teasing Ubisoft has published the official announcement trailer for Far Cry 5. As surmised from artwork shared earlier this week, the game’s plot involves a religious-based doomsday cult in a small town in what appears to be modern-day Montana.

Ubisoft’s synopsis notes that your arrival has incited the cult to violently seize control of the region. Naturally, it’s up to you to “rise up” and “spark the fires of resistance” to liberate the besieged community.

Gamers will be able to freely explore Hope County’s vast outdoor environment by land, air and sea (well, lake) using a variety of vehicles including helicopters, tanker trucks, seaplanes and ATVs. Wildlife is abundant, as are the choice of weapons you’ll have access to. In fact, Ubisoft says its latest features the largest customizable weapon and vehicle roster ever in a Far Cry game.

Far Cry 5 is scheduled to arrive on February 27, 2018 although given Ubisoft’s penchant for delaying games, I’d be surprised if that date sticks.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Hmmmmmm ..... this is a game? I thought it was a historical accounting of my little town ......

Pretty graphics... but doesn't look fun to me. Guess we'll see. Seems more like they want to paint a negative picture on certain groups of people (not that said group doesn't deserve it) and make a political statement rather than just make fun military shooters like they used to.

The original Far Cry still holds a special place in my heart. And as far as I'm concerned the original one was the only one. FC2, should have been named something else. FC2 felt more like it deserved the title "Crysis". And Crysis felt more like a Far Cry game. Same problems with 3, 4, Primal, and now this one. None of them shuold have carried the Far Cry name.

Pretty graphics... but doesn't look fun to me. Guess we'll see. Seems more like they want to paint a negative picture on certain groups of people (not that said group doesn't deserve it) and make a political statement rather than just make fun military shooters like they used to.

The original Far Cry still holds a special place in my heart. And as far as I'm concerned the original one was the only one. FC2, should have been named something else. FC2 felt more like it deserved the title "Crysis". And Crysis felt more like a Far Cry game. Same problems with 3, 4, Primal, and now this one. None of them shuold have carried the Far Cry name.
Maybe it is a fun shooter and you just see the bad cause that is what you're looking for.
Look for some fun in it.
Get over the first one and try new things.

Maybe it is a fun shooter and you just see the bad cause that is what you're looking for.
Look for some fun in it.
Get over the first one and try new things.

Today: Just ignore the premise and buy the game for the gunplay. It'll be fun!

Tomorrow: If right wingers are so popular, why is a game about killing them selling so well?

Not saying you're going to do this, but a lot of people will.

Well the trailer was more like a movie trailer, trying to sell a story more than showing off the technical capabilities and fun to be had. Not necessarily a bad thing, story is important too but when I see a game trailer I want to see the graphics and what you can do in the game. That's just me though.

There is politics in lots of games, not just far cry.

Tomorrow: If right wingers are so popular, why is a game about killing them selling so well?

Lol I try to see past the invisible **** that people love to gravitate to. Like all the politics ppl will find in this game. While I will be finding new ways to set the grasses on fire and burn the locals alive. Goodies or baddies.

Honestly they seem more like liberals to me, forcing you to follow their way cause the other is wrong and theirs is right.

Lol I try to see past the invisible **** that people love to gravitate to. Like all the politics ppl will find in this game. While I will be finding new ways to set the grasses on fire and burn the locals alive. Goodies or baddies.

Honestly they seem more like liberals to me, forcing you to follow their way cause the other is wrong and theirs is right.
the funny thing is, alot of the people are making this seem a controversy when it isnt one. I see 1000x more comments saying "man conversatives/christians/etc are gonna hate this" than I see anyone even mentioning that it offends them.

Im starting to think alot of people from urban areas dont have the slightest realistic idea of what rural areas are like, what even the most christian conservative rednecks believe, or any of that - because they dont come within a thousand miles of this cult - coming from someone who grew up in a tiny Appalachian town.

I was mildly interested in the game, but the trailer for the preacher character thats part of the resistance has me hyped. I hope they change the gameplay formula a bit but this could be a brilliant game.

I find it amusing that people are getting pre-offended on behalf of other people. The same people who had nothing to say about Ruby Ridge or Waco, generally. It seems the Timothy McVeigh event did its job, after all. :)

Well, when you examine the extremes of EITHER political side you'll encounter offshoots seeking to impose a worldview. Aside from that, the cult in particular seems to be modeled off of the likes of the Westboro Baptist Church (Religious Extremists) and Branch Davidians (Religious Militia). They seem to be pushing a theocratic agenda. That means they would be classified as right-wing extremists. Not left-wing.

Examples of left wing extremist groups would be Weather Underground, Earth Liberation Front, or maybe even PETA (that might be a stretch though).

Well, when you examine the extremes of EITHER political side you'll encounter offshoots seeking to impose a worldview. Aside from that, the cult in particular seems to be modeled off of the likes of the Westboro Baptist Church (Religious Extremists) and Branch Davidians (Religious Militia). They seem to be pushing a theocratic agenda. That means they would be classified as right-wing extremists. Not left-wing.

Examples of left wing extremist groups would be Weather Underground, Earth Liberation Front, or maybe even PETA (that might be a stretch though).
Yup..........

Those graphics are disgusting. Looks like someone slapped all the available photoshop filters on top of it.

Back